|Topic||Okami series, Game port|
This work is a short technical and gameplay analysis I wrote in Japanese for a class of Game History at Keio University. The topic was “writing a review on a game you played”, and I chose to study how the game Okamiden took advantage on the Nintendo DS platform and how it changed the gameplay from its predecessor Okami on Wii (originally PS2).
I worked on the essay a little more than 2 weeks, having previously played and finished both games and thought about how gameplay evolved. Download it as a PDF in Japanese above.
- Game presentation and main character
- Background (prequel, team info)
- Graphics (polycount and scene management, comparison with Zelda DS)
- Controls, motion, camera (comparison with Okami and with other DS titles)
- Battle system interface
- How was Okamiden handled as a sequel game, in comparison with other series
- Okami and Okamiden are copyrighted by Capcom
- The PDF contains a screenshot of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Copyright Nintendo) made by Famitsu